Salary – Competitive, depending on experience
Location - KidZania London, Westfield Shepherd's Bush
Job Type - Fixed term contract - 9 to 12 months, Full-time, working 5 of 7 days per week (inc. of weekends)
Closing date for applications is 19 November 2023.
KidZania is no ordinary city. It's an exhilarating 'Edu-tainment' filled child-sized destination where kids' dreams come alive through interactive role play and exciting reality-based activities. We empower and inspire children to explore future career choices while having an absolute blast!
With 28 locations worldwide, from Mexico City to Tokyo to London, KidZania welcomes over 9 million visitors each year, with 8 more facilities on the way. We're on a mission to transform young minds and create a better world.
At KidZania, we believe in the power of collaboration, fun and making a meaningful difference.
What’s In it for you?
A working culture that values your strengths, prioritises your personal development and does not micromanage. We trust our people to do their best for the company and empower them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and believe in kindness, respect, honesty, collaboration and having fun. You’ll be able to tap into a network of talented people and witness the development and roll out of new initiatives as we grow and expand KidZania London brand. Opportunities to learn are extensive and there is nothing we love more than a go getter.
Are you ready to play a pivotal role in shaping the future for thousands of children and teens every year? Come and join us!
KidZania’s values are our shared beliefs about behaviours that are key to how we deliver against our objectives and help us achieve our vision and strategy, shape the way we deliver our functions and are integral to the way we interact with each other, professional stakeholders and the public.
KidZania is a Mindful employer, taking the lead and championing in positive mental fitness at work.
We are also a member of the Disability Confident Charter committed to ensuring an inclusive and supportive working environment that is free from any form of discrimination.
We Employ People of Difference. Please let us know if you require additional access arrangements during the recruitment process.
The Head of Experience is responsible for planning, budgeting and executing the facility’s experience overall strategy. Reporting to the COO of KidZania London and work closely to bring KidZania London to the next stages of development.
This role is responsible for leading the Experience and Wardrobe team. Behind the scenes at KidZania, manage and lead a small creative team of talented writers, designers, coaches and prop makers.
In a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, the Experience Team are responsible for designing, developing, and producing a 360 creative journey at KidZania, London. Become a part of the most imaginative office around!
- Planning and coordinating the facility’s experience projects (content, architecture, theming, graphic design, assessments, coaching and multimedia), including budget, development scheduling and project management. Ensuring all projects comply with KidZania’s quality standards and guidelines.
- Liaising as the main point of call for the global relationship on Experience projects and our variable calendar programmes. Researching and analysing experiences suitable for our market.
- Developing and implementing strategies to constantly innovate and improve KidZania’s experience offer, in line with Global Strategy.
- Managing the auditing process of the operation and assessing the experience with processes. Working across function to enhance the visitor experience.
- Developing the department working plan and key performance indicators.
- Analysing and evaluating the facility’s experience delivery in an agile manner.
- Reviewing the department performance data (financial, activity reports and trackers) to measure productivity and goals projects.
- Leading the development work of new project experiences in conjunction with the partnership and brand teams, impact on driving ticket sales and revenue streams, customer loyalty.
- The job holder will perform any other reasonable tasks, as requested by the COO.
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Ideally from an operational background, visitor attraction, retail or leisure and hospitality business
- Educational experience - child development or experiential learning.
- Robust experience in a similar role in leading and managing teams. Strong coaching and training skills.
- Creative skills and knowledge of Adobe software. (Can read architectural drawings) (Design knowledge and reading architectural drawings are desirable)
- Portfolio Management - Project management skills. (Prince 2 or project management experience)
- Construction, procurement and fit-out experience.
- Proven experience of managing and building credible, positive relationships across multidisciplinary teams
- Experienced in budget control and financial analysis in line with financial budgets
- Strategic thinker, commercial acumen
- Highly organised and efficient, attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a busy and fast paced environment
- Passionate about customer service
- Ability to manage complex issues, think on their feet and keep calm under pressure
Some of the fantastic benefits available for this role include:
- Fun and Inspiring place to work
- 25 days annual leave, plus recognised Bank Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme - A 24-hour telephone and online service for specialist advice and counselling services. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Training and Career Development opportunities
- Company Pension Scheme
- Westfield Discounts
- Free and Discounted KidZania Tickets
- 25% Discount in our retail shop and KidZania Birthday Parties
- 60% Discount in our internal food and beverage outlets
- 20% Discount at Hilton Kensington stays
- + more such as discounts to Red Letter Days, Buy a Gift
Brief description of the selection process:
Join us for a two-stage interview process, starting with a virtual first stage interview so you can decide if our vibe is your vibe! Closing date for applications is 25 November 2023.
Are you ready to take KidZania London into its 8th year and beyond, transforming the hopes and dreams of the next generation while fulfilling your own career aspirations?
Apply now at https://jobs.kidzania.co.uk/ and join the KidZania London team today!
Learn more about KidZania at https://kidzania.co.uk
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require additional access arrangements during the recruitment process.