Operations Manager - Attractions
Salary – Competitive, depending on experience
Location - KidZania London, Westfield Shepherd's Bush
Job Type - Permanent, Full-time, working 5 of 7 days per week (inc. of weekends)
KidZania is no ordinary city. It's an exhilarating 'Edu-tainment' filled child-sized destination where kids' dreams come alive through interactive role play and exciting reality-based activities. We empower and inspire children to explore future career choices while having an absolute blast!
With 28 locations worldwide, from Mexico City to Tokyo to London, KidZania welcomes over 9 million visitors each year, with 8 more facilities on the way. We're on a mission to transform young minds and create a better world.
At KidZania, we believe in the power of collaboration, fun and making a meaningful difference.
What’s In it for you?
A working culture that values your strengths, prioritises your personal development and does not micromanage. We trust our people to do their best for the company and empower them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and believe in kindness, respect, honesty, collaboration and having fun. You’ll be able to tap into a network of talented people and witness the development and roll out of new initiatives as we grow and expand KidZania London brand. Opportunities to learn are extensive and there is nothing we love more than a go getter.
Are you ready to play a pivotal role in shaping the future for thousands of children and teens every year? Come and join us!
KidZania’s values are our shared beliefs about behaviours that are key to how we deliver against our objectives and help us achieve our vision and strategy, shape the way we deliver our functions and are integral to the way we interact with each other, professional stakeholders and the public.
KidZania is a Mindful employer, taking the lead and championing in positive mental fitness at work.
We are also a member of the Disability Confident Charter committed to ensuring an inclusive and supportive working environment that is free from any form of discrimination.
We Employ People of Difference. Please let us know if you require additional access arrangements during the recruitment process.
- Ensure the operation is run efficiently, smoothly and to a high standard.
- Responsibility for Health & Safety, including Fire Safety.
- Oversee the Delta – Duty Management rota and management cover.
- Work closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure planned maintenance is scheduled to ensure safety, compliance and within budget
- Drive the visitor experience with the Establishments Manager/Duty Managers
- Ensure the right level of staffing in line with attendance / projected visitor numbers.
- Identify and explore opportunities to drive efficiencies across various departments.
- Work closely with the Human Resources team in relation to recruitment, training, employee relations and employee engagement.
- Ensure each department operates in compliance with all legal and company requirements.
- Act as the Safeguarding lead within the business.
- Work closely with the COO and Head of Talent to review the budget.
- Deliver the operation and visitor experience within budget and in line within visitors attendance.
- Review business performance and KPI’s on a weekly basis in line with budgets and targets.
Sales, Marketing, Experience
- Liaise with the Sales & Marketing team to review attendance and pre-book figures and ensure we plan accordingly for events, activations and launches.
- Partner with Experience team to ensure the KidZania brand is maintained throughout KidZania London in keeping with the brand standards and guidelines set.
- Ensure branded establishments are delivered and maintained in line with the brand partnership agreement.
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing & Commercial team when handling visitor complaints, incidents within the City and also in crisis management situations.
- Responsibility for complying with company policy concerning health, safety and security of themselves and others and must ensure that they do not endanger others by their acts or omissions.
- The job holder will perform any other reasonable tasks, as requested by the COO.
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Ideally from a visitor attraction, retail or leisure and hospitality business
- Robust experience in a similar role in leading and managing teams whilst driving customer service and experience
- Proven experience of managing and building credible, positive relationships across multidisciplinary teams
- Experienced in budget control and financial analysis, rostering, resource planning in line with financial budgets
- Aware of payroll and people processes and a good understanding of holiday accrual
- Strategic thinker, commercial acumen
- Highly organised and efficient, attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a busy and fast paced environment
- Passionate about customer service
- Ability to manage complex issues, think on their feet and keep calm under pressure
Some of the fantastic benefits available for this role include:
- Fun and Inspiring place to work
- 25 days annual leave, plus recognised Bank Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme - A 24-hour telephone and online service for specialist advice and counselling services. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Training and Career Development opportunities
- Company Pension Scheme
- Westfield Discounts
- Free and Discounted KidZania Tickets
- 25% Discount in our retail shop and KidZania Birthday Parties
- 60% Discount in our internal food and beverage outlets
- 20% Discount at Hilton Kensington stays
- + more such as discounts to Red Letter Days, Buy a Gift
Brief description of the selection process:
Join us for a two-stage interview process, starting with a virtual first stage interview so you can decide if our vibe is your vibe!
Are you ready to take KidZania London into its 8th year and beyond, transforming the hopes and dreams of the next generation while fulfilling your own career aspirations?
Apply now at https://jobs.kidzania.co.uk/ and join the KidZania London team today!
Learn more about KidZania at https://kidzania.co.uk
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require additional access arrangements during the recruitment process.