Salary – Competitive, depending on experience
Location - KidZania London – Westfield, Shepherds Bush
Job Type - Permanent, Full-time, Onsite 5 of 7 days per week- some weekend working is required
KidZania is no ordinary city. It's an exhilarating 'Edu-tainment' filled child-sized destination where kids' dreams come alive through interactive role play and exciting reality-based activities. We empower and inspire children to explore future career choices while having an absolute blast!
With 28 locations worldwide, from Mexico City to Tokyo to London, KidZania welcomes over 9 million visitors each year, with 8 more facilities on the way. We're on a mission to transform young minds and create a better world.
At KidZania, we believe in the power of collaboration, fun and making a meaningful difference.
What’s In it for you?
A working culture that values your strengths, prioritises your personal development and does not micromanage. We trust our people to do their best for the company and empower them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and believe in kindness, respect, honesty, collaboration and having fun. You’ll be able to tap into a network of talented people and witness the development and roll out of new initiatives as we grow and expand KidZania London brand. Opportunities to learn are extensive and there is nothing we love more than a go getter.
Are you ready to play a pivotal role in shaping the future for thousands of children and teens every year? Come and join us!
KidZania’s values are our shared beliefs about behaviours that are key to how we deliver against our objectives and help us achieve our vision and strategy, shape the way we deliver our functions and are integral to the way we interact with each other, professional stakeholders and the public.
KidZania is a Mindful employer, taking the lead and championing in positive mental fitness at work.
We are also a member of the Disability Confident Charter committed to ensuring an inclusive and supportive working environment that is free from any form of discrimination.
We Employ People of Difference. Please let us know if you require additional access arrangements during the recruitment process.
Reporting into Head of Human Resources, the Learning and Development Lead will deliver the Learning and Development strategy whilst overseeing employee engagement.
Reporting into the Learning and Development Lead is a L&D Advisor.
This is a hands-on role which will work closely with members across function to oversee all training across function and to d a first -class experience at KidZania whilst maintaining a fun, safeguarded environment for our visitors.
The role holder will lead, upskill and inspire large groups of employees on a daily basis, nurture and coach teams to drive overall staff performance and provide the public with the ideal KidZania experience.
Please be advised working days will be any 5 out of 7 days including some weekends.
- Design, develop and deliver fun, engaging, interactive training programmes and learning strategies.
- Record training, analyse training feedback and measure the impact of the training. Provide reports to the Head of Talent.
- Create, and help to shape, learning resources via University of KidZania to support all L&D events (Webinar or in-classroom session plans, e-learning content, workbooks, handbooks, toolkits & on the job training resources)
- Working closely across function and oversee Retail and Operations, sharing expertise upskilling staff in sales, team development, experience and help implement customer service standards and procedures.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis and coaching assessments for the wider central services team and promote Host Team journey's, with the T&D Advisor and Experience team. Provide regular performance feedback to ensure standards remain high
- Work closely with the Head of Talent where formal action is required, in the design and delivery of an employee appraisal and development plan programme.
- Create a Talent Management process and framework to support the growth of the business and to ensure a talent pipeline of internal candidates for the future.
- Design a programme of activities in relation to Management Development for future managers and leaders and current managers and leaders to support employee development and careers progression within the business.
The jobholder will perform any other reasonable tasks, as requested by the Head of Human Resources or Chief Operating Officer
- Experience in a similar role at lead level or above, in Training, Learning and Development in retail, attraction park, education, leisure or hospitality business
- Experience in delivering training, designing, optimising content and development activities
- Experienced in building, delivering and adapting learning strategies in line with development portfolio and across function in executive leadership, management and coaching.
- Certified or working towards Organizational Learning and Development or similar qualification
- Delivery/target focus, ability to maintain high attention to detail whilst driving efficiencies under pressure.
- Highly collaborative, organised and ability to multitask and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills and personal credibility, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to forge and strengthen relationships/rapport quickly
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Packages, especially Powerpoint
- Solution focused, uses initiative, and has a proactive approach to work
- Proactive and a great team player who is very friendly and personable.
- Continuous improvement mindset, positive attitude and resilience.
- Creative and able to think outside of the box.
- Passionate about education and our future generation.
- Experience in managing relationships with public and third parties, more broadly, fairly and with respect, without stereotyping or bias.
Some of the fantastic benefits available for this role include:
- Fun and Inspiring place to work
- 25 days annual leave, plus recognised Bank Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme - A 24-hour telephone and online service for specialist advice and counselling services. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Training and Career Development opportunities
- Company Pension Scheme
- 60% Discount on food at KidZania and subsidised hot drinks
- Westfield Discounts
- Free and Discounted KidZania Tickets
- 25% Discount in our retail shop and KidZania Birthday Parties
- 20% Discount at Hilton Kensington stays
- + more such as discounts to Red Letter Days, Buy a Gift
Please be advised working days will be Monday to Friday, with some occasional weekend working. We are based in Westfield London, Shepherds Bush.
Brief description of the selection process:
Join us for a two-stage interview process, starting with a virtual first stage interview so you can decide if our vibe is your vibe!
Are you ready to take KidZania London into its 8th year and beyond, transforming the hopes and dreams of the next generation while fulfilling your own career aspirations?
Apply now at https://jobs.kidzania.co.uk/ and join the KidZania London team today!
Learn more about KidZania at https://kidzania.co.uk
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require additional access arrangements during the recruitment process.