Salary – Competitive Circa £23,000 per annum, depending on experience
Location - KidZania London, Westfield Shepherd's Bush
Job Type - Permanent, Full-time, working 5 of 7 days per week (inc. of some weekends)
KidZania is no ordinary city. It's an exhilarating 'Edu-tainment' filled child-sized destination where kids' dreams come alive through interactive role play and exciting reality-based activities. We empower and inspire children to explore future career choices while having an absolute blast!
With 28 locations worldwide, from Mexico City to Tokyo to London, KidZania welcomes over 9 million visitors each year, with 8 more facilities on the way. We're on a mission to transform young minds and create a better world.
At KidZania, we believe in the power of collaboration, fun and making a meaningful difference.
What’s In it for you?
A working culture that values your strengths, prioritises your personal development and does not micromanage. We trust our people to do their best for the company and empower them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and believe in kindness, respect, honesty, collaboration and having fun. You’ll be able to tap into a network of talented people and witness the development and roll out of new initiatives as we grow and expand KidZania London brand. Opportunities to learn are extensive and there is nothing we love more than a go getter.
Are you ready to play a pivotal role in shaping the future for thousands of children and teens every year? Come and join us!
KidZania’s values are our shared beliefs about behaviours that are key to how we deliver against our objectives and help us achieve our vision and strategy, shape the way we deliver our functions and are integral to the way we interact with each other, professional stakeholders and the public.
KidZania is a Mindful employer, taking the lead and championing in positive mental fitness at work.
We are also a member of the Disability Confident Charter committed to ensuring an inclusive and supportive working environment that is free from any form of discrimination.
We Employ People of Difference. Please let us know if you require additional access arrangements during the recruitment process.
The Operations Resource Planner is a key member of the Establishments Management Team, providing administrative and planning support to the department and wider operation. The role provides assistance to the entire Operations team in managing the payroll process, overseeing the monthly inputting of payroll hours across all operational departments. The role also oversees scheduling of the entire Establishments team, ensuring adequate staffing across the attraction in line with budget. The role also provides assistance in other key areas including absence reporting and management, ordering office supplies and managing budgets, and duty management of the city. You will ensure that both team members and visitors have a great time and the daily operation runs as smoothly as possible with their wellbeing in mind.
This role also involves duty management responsibilities and must be willing to be part of our first aid team.
Operational Resource Planning
- Responsible for the production of all Establishments employee rotas.
- Responsible for ensuring all amendments to shift patterns are in line with operational need and communicated effectively to employees.
- Responsible for communications regarding planning within the Establishments team.
- To lead and implement improvements to planning and resource management to reduce costs, improve efficiency and ways of working in line with the Establishments Manager.
- Ensure best planning practices are adopted and implemented with understanding and agreement from the rest of the business.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with any regulations set in respect working hours/age restrictions etc.
- Provide daily staffing requirements to ensure optimal staffing and sufficient headcount for the day, whilst remaining in line with budget.
- To lead, update and maintain all holiday records for Zupervisors.
- First point of contact for Zupervisors for any holiday queries/requests.
- Ensure all employee rotas take all events into account to ensure appropriate cover.
- Adapt all rotas to reflect operational hours/calendar/pre-book figures.
- Work with Finance in ensuring accurate data on cost of labour is captured daily and ensure weekly/monthly reviews are conducted
- Lead the administration team and all associated duties/tasks.
- Oversee all absence reporting procedures and ensure tasks are carried out by the administrator and/or relevant parties in line with agreed processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the operations payroll trackers are accurate and updated on a weekly basis to improve the efficiency of the payroll process with Talent
- Responsible for the operations payroll trackers to be ready and given to Talent in a timely manner each month ready for payroll.
- Communicate with all team members in regards to their holiday allowances ensuring all annual leave is booked in a timely fashion and leave is taken at appropriate times of the year.
- Maintain holiday records for Operational employees.
- Experience in a similar role in administration, payroll, rostering or resource planning
- A proven and experienced administrator with high attention to detail
- Highly organised and efficient
- Able to communicate and work with different departments/colleagues well
- Able to work effectively in a busy and fast paced environment
- Passionate about customer service
- Can think on their feet, keep calm under pressure and take on multiple tasks and projects at once
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Packages, especially excel
- Organised, pro-active and able to delivery to tight deadlines
- Ideally from a visitor attraction, retail or leisure and hospitality business
Some of the fantastic benefits available for this role include:
- Fun and Inspiring place to work
- 25 days annual leave, plus recognised Bank Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme - A 24-hour telephone and online service for specialist advice and counselling services. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Training and Career Development opportunities
- Company Pension Scheme
- Westfield Discounts
- Free and Discounted KidZania Tickets
- 25% Discount in our retail shop and KidZania Birthday Parties
- 60% Discount in our internal food and beverage outlets
- 20% Discount at Hilton Kensington stays
- + more such as discounts to Red Letter Days, Buy a Gift
Brief description of the selection process:
Join us for a two-stage interview process, starting with a virtual first stage interview so you can decide if our vibe is your vibe!
Are you ready to take KidZania London into its 8th year and beyond, transforming the hopes and dreams of the next generation while fulfilling your own career aspirations?
Apply now at https://jobs.kidzania.co.uk/ and join the KidZania London team today!
Learn more about KidZania at https://kidzania.co.uk
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require additional access arrangements during the recruitment process.